Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Lots of Parentheticals

Howdy Humble Readers... 

Whew... where did the weekend go? 

My Beloved and I went out for a date night on Friday.  A very yummy dinner out (I had a Cajun chicken burger and salad), a meander through the bookstore, and a movie (The Intern... I highly recommend it.  Very funny). 

Saturday was just a wasted day for me.  I woke up in a foul mood and stayed that way pretty much all day.  I don't know what it was, but my poor Beloved and wee-lings had to put up a very cranky hobbit all day.  I had no motivation to do anything.  Ok, I did cook a big breakfast (challah French toast, turkey sausage, and scrambled eggs), and I did make dinner.  But other than that, I was just a lump.  A grumpy lump. 

So by default, today was a very busy day.  Sunday school, worship, trip to the bakery, grocery shopping (which SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ON FRIDAY), putting away of said groceries, cooking supper, and getting Ginny's stuff ready for school tomorrow (including coming up with something for Crazy Hair/Hat/Tie day).

As an aside, can I just say, for what we pay for groceries, someone should bring them home for us, schlep them up the stairs, and then put them away.  And I strongly dislike the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon.  I don't want to be there, and it seems like everyone else in the Shire wants to be there, dawdling. 

I should have also gone to the Halloween supply store to look around because I know if I don't get there soon (yes, I know it's only the end of September, but they tend to get picked over quickly) Ginny and Pip will end up trick or treating as "Kids with a Pathetic Mommy Who Can't Sew and is Running Out Of Imagination For This Crap".

Oh dear, I think I'm still a grumpy lump. 

On to tonight's chit chat.  Here's what I'm...

Reading - Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee.  I'm about a third of the way through it and I'm liking it, for the most part.  I purposely avoided any reviews of it, but there are a few distracting things that I read about the book earlier in the summer that are taking some of the enjoyment out of it for me.  That's what I get for being number 22 on the hold list at the library on the day it was released rather than buying a copy for myself. 

Watching - Nothing.  The tv is actually off (a rarity in our house... I can hear you tsk-ing me from all around the world.  Yes, I am a tv junkie), but the DVR is recording. 

Listening To - Right this second, New Kids On The Block.  I have my headphones on because my Beloved was watching Fawlty Towers (John Cleese is a comic genius, but was grating on me tonight). 

Tonight's Dinner
Cooking/Baking - Tonight's dinner was baked penne with meat sauce and Caesar salad.  I made it specifically to initiate my new Rachael Ray Lasagna pan that my Beloved gave me for my birthday.  I had been drooling over the pan for a while, and as it means that he will get more lasagna I'm sure he thought it was a win-win sort of gift.  It's one of those things for the kitchen that I want, but would never just go out and buy.  Tomorrow we're having chicken curry with rice and roasted green beans.  And I recently realized I have about a dozen frozen black bananas in my freezer that I should turn into banana bread or muffins or something soon. 

Thinking About - the start up of our congregation's Confirmation classes for this year.  I'm struggling with getting a couple of families to commit.  They want their kids confirmed, but they also want me and the other students to work around their schedules.  Kind of frustrating. 

Adding to My To Do List - Oy, tomorrow's to do list is already a mile long.  Clean the kitchen and bath, work out (I MUST), work on my writing project, clean the fish bowl, wash towels, and hopefully clean up my dead container garden on the balcony. 

Thankful For - The fact that my Beloved and wee-lings love me even when I'm a grumpy lump... or a lumpy grump.  Or just plain bitchy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.